Programme length: 18 months
Business and Professional Administration is a ‘higher’ apprenticeship aimed at office professionals who have a significant amount of previous work experience and a significant level of responsibility for people and/or operating procedures in the organisation.
Examples of suitable candidates might include:
- an office manager with significant experience but few or no formal qualifications in the field
- an office deputy or supervisor progressing from the level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship and ready to take on more responsibility
There are no formal entry requirements although we would normally expect candidates to hold GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths.
The apprenticeship is made up of two qualifications the candidate must complete:
Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
This is a competency qualification that develops skills. There are many optional units from which the candidate and the employer select a number that enable sufficient credits to be achieved but that also enable the candidate and employer to tailor the apprenticeship to the specific role the candidate holds.
The mandatory units are:
- communication in a business environment
- resolving administrative problems
- managing the work of an admin function
- managing personal and professional development
Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration
This is a knowledge qualification that includes eight mandatory units:
- Supporting business activities
- Managing sustainability and risk
- Communicating in business
- Culture and ethics in a business environment
- Business administration systems
- Managing people and performance in a business environment
- Personal effectiveness in a business environment
- Managing business facilities
Both qualifications are achieved through assessment of a portfolio of evidence that candidates produce as they study. Assessment is undertaken by the tutor and quality assured by our Internal Quality Assurer. Once it has met our requirements, we have delegated authority to award the qualification.